Valentine's Day: Winners and Losers

Romance is an interesting thing to think about when it comes to storytelling. As a whole, while most of us love happy endings I would wager that most of us remember the moments when it didn't work out; the great failed romances or those who were rejected or failed utterly in love. I think it's because before any of us find love we experience these first and as such it is easier to relate to. I've never actually done a lot of work on romance in terms of reviews so I figured this year would be a good time to explore that. Instead of just focusing on things from comics and animated works, I'm going to talk about my favorite moments in media revolving around not only couples but people who have failed at love for one reason or another. While I have no set release for these updates, I more than likely will go past Valentine's Day and may have more than one character/relationship/whatever per update.



Comments

Popular Posts