Disney Princess Line


When you think about Disney, one thought that usually comes to mind is Disney Princesses. They are often viewed (and are to some extent) as a marketing tool, they range from the simple and naïve to the complex and deep. The term "Disney Princess" does not technically refer to an actual princess but is instead a female in a Disney film that follows a certain formula. They are main or central characters (more the former than the latter), are different from most if not all of the entire cast, they have a song, and they tend have big dreams and ideals that drive them. Some of them are viewed as bad role models and just a simple marketing tool while others tend to serve as inspirations for girls and kids in general.  Fans love them, girls apparently want to be them, and most if not all of them are loved as films. However, I have to wonder exactly who the best princess is, and who is the worst? That is what this review is about, finding the how these girls stack up against one another. Each week, I will be grading and reviewing these lovely ladies, with A being the highest and D being the lowest. Now to those that are wondering, my opinion will play a bit of a role in this but it will not just be my opinion that matters and I am still doing some polls and research as I go on. I will also review the films these characters have been in as well as some other media that I have seen, including books and I may even quote other reviewers. I will not be going in any particular order starting with Snow White and going up. So strap on your tiaras and get comfy because we're going in!

Comments

Popular Posts